Personnel AssistantCindy Vorhies
775 Yampa Avenue
Craig, Co 81625
Applications for employment are on line at:moffatsd.schoolfusion.us/modules/cms/pages.phtml
SUBSTITUTING IN THE SCHOOL DISTRICT
- All Substitutes must first fill out an application for substitute teaching on-line.
- Refrence checks will be completed by the districts Assistant Superintendent.
- You may then be called in to fill out an "Employee Testimony Page" (for a background check).
- When background check has cleared you will then be called in to complete the necessary paperwork and determine what areas you wish to substitute in.
- Must be High School graduate or equivalent to be considered as a substitute for food service or custodian.
- To be considered as a substitute for teachers or paras you must have at least 49 college credit hours or pass an approved assessment skills test with a score of 4 or higher (this test is offered for free at the Workforce Center of Craig). Have a background working with children.
- Current Substitute teaching license or Professional/Initial teaching license from the state of Colorado is required to substitute for teachers.
- Two forms of ID for completion of I-9 form (usually a drivers license and social security card)
First time cost for obtaining a substitute teaching license is $89.50
$10.00 service fee to Safety Center
$39.50 Money Order to CBI for fingerprints (one time fingerprinted required in order to attain a license)
$40.00 substitute license fee (renewable yearly)