The district serves breakfast and lunch each school day. Eligible children may receive both breakfast and lunch free or at a reduced price. Shortly after school begins, lunch applications will be sent home with each student. Please take the time to fill out the applications. The school district also receives funding from both state and federal programs based on the number of qualifying reduced and free students attending our district.
Applications may be filled out and submitted anytime during the school year. Please submit ONE application per household and include the names of everyone living in the household. Multiple applications with multiple last names will delay approval of your application.
For each student listed, please include:
- The grade and name of school they are attending
- For households that have incomes, please list only the income that you normally receive. If you occasionally work overtime, it is not considered normal income. Please do not include it.
- If your household qualifies for the State of Colorado food stamp program now called SNAP, you need to include your 7 digit alpha-numerical number and list each of your students with their legal last name and the name of the school that they attend.
- Please sign and date all applications or they will be considered incomplete and delay your application approval.
Breakfast & Lunch Prices for the 2012-2013 school year
- Full pay students $1.50
- Free and reduced qualifying students get breakfast at no charge.
- Adult breakfast $2.00
- Full pay elementary students K thru 5th $2.50 per meal
- K thru 2nd grade Reduced qualifying students NO CHARGE
- 3rd thru 12th grade reduced qualifying students $.40
- Full pay 6th thru 12th grade students $2.75 per meal
- Adult meals $3.50 per meal
Juice vs. Milk
Students unable to drink milk and requiring a fruit juice replacement must have a current doctor's note on file in the Food Service department.
Payment & Application Rules
- Meals may be paid for in advance or daily
- Elementary children may charge up to 2 meals per student.
- 6th thru 12th grade students may charge 1 meal.
If you owe money on meals from a previous school year it will carry over with your student the following year. Any money or checks received in the new year will go to pay the existing charges. You may call this office (824-2160) to see if you have existing charges.
If a check is returned to Food Service for non-sufficient funds, the household will not be allowed to charge until the returned check issue has been resolved. To avoid misunderstandings, checks made out to Food Service will be applied to Food Service only: no cash will be returned to the student.
Meal application forms are available throughout the school year at your child's school or you may call 824-2160 and request that an application form be mailed to your household. If you feel you may not qualify but are having difficulties in providing meals for your student, please call Food Service to see if there is another option for your household. Students come to school to learn but we see more and more children burdened during meal times because they are not certain of their meal status. Please be responsible, submit an application.
A snack bar will be available only at the CMS building and High School. Snack bar items may not be charged at either school.
There will be "cash only" at the middle school and students at the high school will be allowed to have money on account to be used for snack items.
Food Service cannot be responsible for monitoring your child's spending. You must communicate to your student the limits they have on meals and snacks.